Ray White Rural Victoria – Photo Caption Competition Entry Rules, Terms and Conditions.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at http://raywhiteruralvictoria.com.au/photo-caption-competition/ and are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Australia and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Ray White Rural Victoria, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Ray White Rural Victoria as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Sunday the 29th of January 2023 and ending at midnight on Friday the 17th of February 2023, AEST. All online entries must be received by midnight on Friday the 17th of February 2023, AEST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at http://raywhiteruralvictoria.com.au/photo-caption-competition/. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Ray White Rural Victoria. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Ray White Rural Victoria.
5. Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a new Akubra Hat to the value of $275.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Ray White Rural Victoria. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Ray White Rural Victoria’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Ray White Rural Victoria to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by community vote under the supervision of Ray White Rural Victoria. The Winner will be notified by email and/or telephone within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Ray White Rural Victoria shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within (5) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT RAY WHITE RURAL VICTORIA’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this competition, You understand and agree that Ray White Rural Victoria, anyone acting on behalf of Ray White Rural Victoria, and Ray White Rural Victoria’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this competition, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Ray White Rural Victoria. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Ray White Rural Victoria from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Ray White Rural Victoria may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Ray White Rural Victoria reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Ray White Rural Victoria’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Ray White Rural Victoria may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Ray White Rural Victoria. Ray White Rural Victoria reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Ray White Rural Victoria has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Ray White Rural Victoria reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Ray White Rural Victoria and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF AUSTRALIA AND THE STATE OF VICTORIA. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Victoria having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Ray White Rural Victoria, Level 17/40 City Road, Southbank VIC 3006. Requests must be received no later than 5:00pm AEST, Friday the 3rd of March 2023.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Ray White Rural Victoria, Level 17/40 City Road, Southbank VIC 3006.
15. Meta, Facebook and Instagram: Competitions and Campaigns conducted on Ray White Rural Victoria’s website (https://raywhiteruralvictoria.com.au/), Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/RayWhiteRuralVictoria) and Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/raywhiterural_victoria/) are administered and managed by Ray White Rural Victoria. The Competition and Campaign hosted by Ray White Rural Victoria is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Meta, Facebook or Instagram. Ray White Rural Victoria Campaign entrants fully release and hold Meta harmless from any and all liability.
16. By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.